Why all the rules?
In order to offer each and every client 100% of our attention there are some guidelines that we try to adhere to as far as possible. This means that we allocate hours for a project into our job calendar only once a 50% deposit has been paid. We highly recommend that clients only initiate a project once all supporting content has been finalised ( business model / pack shots / copy ) as the quote that we provide you with includes loading a single set of content.
We believe that there is nothing like a face-to-face meeting to get a feel for the person you are going to work with, we unfortunately have to limit this to one before or at project kick-off. Due to time constraints and the process mentioned above, we prefer all subsequent communication to be in email form. Should you wish to schedule more meetings you are welcome to do so at our hourly rate of R650ph.
We are absolutely deadline driven and create timelines for every project in order to manage realistic client expectations. When we receive client content after an agreed upon date it not only postpones the set deadline but also complicates the calendar hours that we have allocated for the coming weeks. Please be patient with us in cases like this while we re-shuffle our job sheets in order to get your project out as soon as possible..
Will I receive the live files of design work that I’ve paid for?
No, unless you have requested access to a template before the commencement of the project. You are welcome to request the open/source files after a design has been commisioned at an additional release fee of 50% of the original project invoice.
Please note that we work in licenced Adobe software.
We do not provide training
We do not offer training on how to set up WordPress, manage your website’s backend or any other functionalities regarding our other service offerings. We are not a training company and therefore do not guide you through the various phases of your website development or design. The services which we offer are our intellectual property and we pride ourselves in providing you tailor-made and specialised services.
What if my site is hacked/breaks?
- The web technology behind WordPress gets updated regularly to minimise security risks. If you have a WordPress website you might be vulnerable to cyber-attacks and hacking attempts if you are not running the latest version of WordPress and your plugins are not updated frequently. Proper website maintenance will keep your online risk low.
- We recommend our monthly WordPress maintenance package, which includes updating the WordPress database, doing backups, updating all plugins, troubleshooting and making sure everything is running smoothly. This usually does not take longer than one hour, which comes to R1000 ex VAT per month. If this is not an option for you, we recommend doing this maintenance at least once every 3 to 6 months.
- Regrettably, we cannot accept responsibility for any hacking attempts and consequent damage to your WordPress website. Any restoration/rebuilding of the website will be for your own account.
There is nothing like a face-to-face meeting to get a feel for the person you are going to work with.
We unfortunately have to limit this to one before or at project kick-off. Due to time constraints and the process mentioned above, we prefer all subsequent communication to be in email form. Should you wish to schedule more meetings you are welcome to do so at our hourly rate of R650ph.
We always try to provide a quote that is as close to the final fee as possible. Discussing the client’s needs and expectations at the hand of similar projects helps us to understand what is expected of us. Initial projects are always quoted as a once-off fee. Edits or add-ons to the initial project scope can either be quoted separately or billed at our hourly rate (R650ph). Please note that we will never initiate work that will incur an extra fee without prior consent from the client. With this in mind, we are sensitive to the fact that needs can change during the course of a project and are always willing to adapt the direction and fee as the project progresses.
It’s important to note that unless specifically quoted for, copy creation or editing is not included in your price. Should you wish to make use of a professional copywriter (recommended) we can provide you with the contact details of reputable freelancers. Similarly, while we take responsibility for image resizing and cropping where possible, any necessary image editing will be discusses and charged for extra.
Catchatiger does not offer website hosting in our own capacity but we will gladly host your site on our dedicated Hetzner server.
Costs are as follows and will be billed annually on the 1st of September :
– R119 per month domain hosting
– R249 per year domain renewal
Total R1677 fee to be paid annually.
* Please note that this does not include email setup on local devices (How-to links provided)
* Does not include connection issues (client to contact Hetzner directly)
Should you choose to host your site elsewhere, please make sure that your hosting provider is running the minimum version of PHP ( 5.6 ), and mySQL ( 5.6 ), and that it allows for at least 256 MB of PHP memory.
Monthly WordPress maintenance package
Catchatiger offers a monthly WordPress maintenance package to our clients’ websites upon request for a fee of R1000 ex VAT per month.
This package includes the following:
– Updating WordPress database
– Updating all plugins
– Troubleshooting; and
– Making sure your website is running smoothly